Join Steve Holyhead for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing clips from other projects, part of Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Up till now we've been dealing with material all within the same project.…What happens when we need to share material between projects, or what happens if…we need to access material of a different frame rate?…Over here in the 01_06 subfolder, I have the different_frame_rate bin.…Single-click to open up that bin.…And you can see here that I've got a sequence called SwingDance.…Double-click on that, load it into the Record viewer.…Let's play it and have a look at it.…(Music playing)…(Female speaker: Swing dancing brings you together.)…Okay, good start, but it looks like we're actually missing a clip from the…beginning of the sequence here.…
Let's go find a clip, but let's say that clip is in a different project.…How do we get to it?…What I'm going to do is I'm going to come up here and click on the Project…window, Fast menu, and choose Open Bin.…Now initially, this is going to open me up in my current project showing me my…current folders and current bins within those folders.…However, if I want to go to a different project, if I go out of my current…
- Working with clips, bins, folders and the project window
- Customizing user settings and keyboard layout
- Importing video, audio, and graphics
- Accessing clips from other projects
- Comparing backup structure
- Organizing media and project assets
- Understanding media resolution and locations
- Editing in the timeline
- Mixing audio
- Compositing with keyframes
- Creating titles
- Color correcting footage
- Preparing and outputting master sequences
Skill Level Beginner
1. Comparing Interface and Application Basics
2. Understanding Media, Projects, and Levels of Organization
Comparing backup structure9m 51s
3. Taking Control of Media Composer
4. Linking, Importing, and Managing Media
5. Organizing, Viewing, Logging, and Searching
6. Understanding the Basics of Editing
7. Editing in the Timeline
8. Understanding Audio
9. Adding Effects and Finishing
10. Delivering Masters for Web, DVD, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.