Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
This course helps experienced Final Cut Pro editors understand new ways of performing traditional editing techniques. New terminology and new tools for performing editing functions are also clarified.
- Touring the X interface
- Running Final Cut Pro 7 and X on the same machine
- Importing and analyzing media
- New editing methods (including append and connected clips)
- Timeline editing (including ripple, roll, slip, and slide edits)
- Adding audio
- Fine-tuning with the Precision Editor
- Adding and adjusting transitions
- Creating titles
- Applying motion effects to clips
- Performing color corrections
- Archiving and collaboration
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi. I'm Abba Shapiro and I'd like to welcome you to Migrating from Final Pro Cut 7 to Final Pro Cut X. At first blush editing in Final Pro Cut X may seem radically different. A completely new interface, and a completely new way of editing. In this course I'll show you what you need to know to smoothly transition from editing in Final Cut Pro 7 to editing in the new Final Cut Pro X. I'll start by walking through the new interface. Looking at where to find the tools and controls to edit quickly and efficiently.
We'll look at how Final Pro Cut X can automatically add metadata to your media. So you can quickly find exactly what you need when you need it. I'll show you how the new color corrector can not only automatically balance a shot, but can quickly color match shots in the timeline. Finally, I'll identify the new tools used to perform tried and true editing operations like three point edits, ripple and roll edits, and even creating sub-clips. This course is intended for editors already familiar with Final Cut Pro, and even editors migrating from other editing applications.
Now lets get started with Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Final Cut Pro X.