Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using markers, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Markers are great way to designate an area of interest in the program. Perhaps…you want to make a note that a specific title or graphic needs to be inserted…in the given point or an audio effect needs to be placed in a specific area.…Placing a marker in a Final Cut Express sequence is as simple as parking the…playhead within the Timeline at the point where you wanted to be and going to…Mark > Markers > Add. Or simply pressing M on the keyboard. You can also load…clips into the Viewer and place markers from there with the Add Marker button.…
A disclosure triangle well then appear next to the clip in the Browser allowing…you to see all the markers that are contained in that clip.…To create a marker with a note, tap the M key twice and the Edit Marker box…will appear. Type in a note into the Comment field and press OK. As you can…see, the Marker shows in the Canvas window. When you are ready to delete the…markers, select them and press Command+Tilde on the keyboard.…Adding markers is a great way to pinpoint specific frames that needs special…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.