Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using filters, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Final Cut Express has a number of effects plug filters for you to choose from…to give your video an extra pop. You have your standard fair such as blurs and…wipes, and your more stylized effects like Bad TV and Solarize. If you don't…find what you are looking for in this line up, there are plenty of third party…plug-in options online that you can purchase and beef up your effects library.…Let's go to the Effects tab and open our Video Filters.…Just like the transitions library, the real-time effects are involved and you…will find that many of these effects are real-time. When you get to some of the…more complex effects, you will have to render. I am simply going to drag the…Gaussian Blur filter to my first clip on the Timeline and as you can see as…soon as I drop the effect you get an immediate result. If we load this clip…into the browser, we can access the filter controls.…
One more thing I want to draw your attention to is the fact that in order to…see the changes you are making to your clip in the Timeline from the Canvas…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.