Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of RT playback, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The topic of effects creation and the real-time capability of your workstation…go hand in hand. If you are combining effects and compositing, eventually you…are going to reach to your computers capacity to process these effects in…real-time and as a result, you will have to render. If you aren't familiar with…the term, rendering is the process of joining video and audio files with…effects. During the rendering process render cache files are created and will…allow you to play back those effects in real-time. Just above the Timeline ruler…there are two Render status bars, the top is for video and the bottom is for…audio. These will let you know of an effect you have created will have to be…rendered before you can review it by displaying various colors of Render…Status. A dark green Render bar signifies a real-time effect and no necessary…rendering is necessary and a red bar means that you will have to render the…effect before you can play it back; dark gray means no rendering is necessary.…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.