Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing from iPhoto, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Bringing your pictures in the iPhoto is a great way to prep your still photos…before importing them into Final Cut Express. So what we are going to do is…drag the entire folder named Photos on to the iPhoto program in the dock.…As you can see, all of our photos have been imported into iPhoto. To open a…photo for adjustment, simply double-click on one of the images. Now if you're using…iPhoto version 6.0, all you have to do is click on the option at the bottom…that's labeled Adjust to access the image Adjustment tools.…If you are using iPhoto version 7, which is part of iLife '08, click on the…pencil icon that says Edit. Then choose Adjust. As you can see, there are many…tools here that can be used to enhance the image. Such as brightness controls,…saturation, and exposure settings.…
You also have Effects templates that can help you achieve a specific aesthetic or…field that you may be going for. Let's go ahead and raise the Saturation level…on this photo to really bring out the colors. Next, we want to crop the image…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.