Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting to tape, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another way to deliver or archive your video production is to master the final…project to tape by using the Print to Video command. Roughly you can place…about 60 minutes of DV video on tape, which is about 12 gigabytes on a hard…drive. Before you print a video make sure that you have connected the video…camera to the computer via FireWire cable, and that the camera is placed in the…VCR or Play mode.…Go to the Easy Setup and make sure that you are using the correct setup.…In this case, I am exporting a DV-NTSC Anamorphic sequence.…
Set an in-point at the beginning of the sequence and a out-point at the end. Go…to File > Print to Video.…Inside this box you can predefine what happens before and after you record the…sequence to tape. For broadcast purposes you only have a few seconds of color…bars for calibration, followed by a few seconds of black.…The Slate option will allow you to give your project a custom name that will…show before the program, and you can also designate a countdown if needed.…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.