Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting for iPods, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Final Cut Express offers the ability to export your finished movie, so that it…can be viewed on a video iPod. So if you are out and you want to show someone…what you have been working on, a quick way to show them would be from your…iPod. This is a very straightforward process.…Select a project for export within the browser, then go to File > Export >…QuickTime Conversion. Then change the format to iPod, give it a name, then…choose to save it in your Movies folder, then click Save. Final Cut Express…then converts the movie to the optimized aspect ratio of 320x240 for the iPod.…
Let's take a look at it.…When you double-click the movie file you have just saved, it will automatically…be added to the iTunes library. …(Music playing.)…So now all you have to do is connect your iPod…and import the movie. There you have it. It's that easy. There is no settings…to modify and the video is ready to go mobile.…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.