Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting for DVD authoring, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Creating a DVD remains one of the most popular ways to showcase and distribute…your video work. Although Final Cut Express is not bundled with a DVD…operating application, I suggest that you use iDVD, which is part of the iLife…suite of applications and ships with the every new Mac.…iDVD will enable you to create anywhere from very basic DVDs to sleek, flashy…designs with the professional flavor. In order to create a DVD of your work,…you will first need to export a self- contained QuickTime video file from Final…Cut Express. First, mark an in and out for the beginning and the end of your…sequence, then go to File > Export > QuickTime Movie. I am going to name this…sequence Surfing and save it to my Movies folder. Before you save, make sure…that the file includes audio and video and is self-contained.…
Launch iDVD and choose to create a new project. I am going to name my project…Riding Waves and save it to my Movies folder. Since my program is in the 4:3…Aspect Ratio, I will choose Standard 4:3, then choose Create. iMovie…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.