Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Dynamic titling with LiveType, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
LiveType is a dynamic motion graphics program that will allow you to take…titling for your Final Cut Express projects to a whole new level. If you…performed the complete install of the Final Cut Express software on the…installation disk then LiveType should already been installed on your hard…drive and should be ready to use. So let's open LiveType.…Within LiveType, you will be able to create sleek animated titles that you…could not achieve natively in Final Cut Express with text generators. You have…a library of vector-based characters, fully animated backdrops where you can…place text, fully animated lower- thirds and mattes and fully keyframed…behaviors that can be applied to text.…
If you want to further expand the prowess of LiveType, there are developers…online that sell new effects, extra templates and fonts specifically for…LiveType. LiveType is a very capable program. So before we get started, I just…want to cover some of the key areas. If you want more well rounded look at the…LiveType, you should take a look at some of the LiveType titles offered by…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.