Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting gaps within the timeline, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
As you are building up your story in the Timeline, there will be times when you…need to go back and remove clips within the sequence that you no longer have a…need for, which can result in a gap. There is more than one way to fill a gap,…and they largely depend on whether you need the show to remain at a finite…duration, or if you have some leeway and can simply remove the clip without…replacing it with another.…Before we get into filling gaps, make sure that the music tracks are locked,…because all of the video clips that we will be using to fill them with have…associated audio and will overwrite the music.…
Now let's say that you've build your Timeline out to the length that it needs to…be, and discover that at certain clip in the middle of the show has become…irrelevant and it needs to be removed. In order to remove a clip, you can…simply replace it with the Replaced Edit function or perform a Lift or Ripple…Delete. If you are using a standard keyboard, select the clip in the sequence,…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.