Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Backtiming a clip, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another three point editing technique that you will find useful is the ability…to backtime a clip. Backtiming a clip simply means that the end of a specific…clip is more important than how it begins. A video clip ending exactly when the…music begins to fade out giving your show a natural close is a perfect example…of this technique. In this regard, the fade down at the end of the music is…more important than where the music begins.…When you will open the Backtiming_A_Clip project in the Timeline, you will see…a clip of a surfer walking on the beach with the camera pulling out of the shot.…
Go ahead and play the clip. What we are going to do is create a soft,…natural ending to this clip by having the music fade out as the clip fades…down. Open the Audio Bin in the browser and double click the clip named…Reality_TV to load it into the Viewer. Scrub all the way to the end of the…audio clip so that you can see the waveform start to fade out. Set a single…out-point at the end of the music. Then go down to the Timeline and make sure…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.