Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting clip speed, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Having the ability to change the speed of which a clip is played is a very…basic but powerful tool that can be used for added effect. And here we have a…clip that we are going to perform a speed adjustment on, but we are only going…to apply the adjustment to part of the clip.…The goal here is to have the clip play at full speed for the first few seconds…then slow the rest of the shot down to give a little flavor to the shot. By…pressing Ctrl+V on the keyboard, we can make a through edit in the clip exactly…where we want the change to occur and apply the speed change to only the second…half of the clip.…
I am going to make my edit about three seconds into the clip. Now I am going to…click on the second half of the shot to select it, then go to Modify > Speed.…In the Speed field, type 60 to have the clip playback at only 60% of its normal…speed, then make sure that Frame Blending is turned on so that our slow motion…will be smoother. Click OK.…Speed changes tend to work the best when you change it even increments so keep…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.