Join Lonzell Watson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting audio levels, part of Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Achieving solid audio can sometimes be a daunting task. Your message and…intent can be lost if the audience can't hear what's being said. I have opened…the Editing the Audio chapter, then launch the Adjusting_Audio_Levels project.…The sequence that you see is the intro for a video blog episode for wine…enthusiasts and it has a few audio problems. I will go ahead and play it.…(Music playing.)…(Woman 1: Hi and welcome to our first video blog. My name is Kristin and I'm part of the Wild Wino Woman.)…(Woman 1: Now it may look like I'm at a vineyard, but I'm actually at home in Westlake, California.)…As you can hear, the music is obviously too loud and Kristin's intro…is very soft. Now before we begin adjusting levels, you need to know what good…audio is. Audio should average around -12db on the Digital Audio Meter. Now this…doesn't mean that it can't fluctuate above, but we want the bulk of our audio…to hit around -12db with a little headroom up to -6db, allowing for some…dynamic range.…
You probably noticed that the music was teetering around 0db which anything…
- Adjusting the workspace and preferences for any video creator
- Bringing content in from outside sources, including tape, photos, and iMovie '08 projects
- Creating a story through storyboarding, editing with audio cues, and setting transitions
- Understanding the difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro
- Using LiveType 2 to create engaging titles and credit rolls
- Performing background replacements with chroma keying
- Creating effects with FX plug-ins
Skill Level Beginner
Final Cut Pro 7 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 24m Beginner
Final Cut Pro 6 Essential Effectswith Larry Jordan9h 7m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Final Cut Express
2. Understanding the Interface
3. Importing Footage
4. Putting the Story Together
5. Fine-Tuning the Edits
6. Editing the Audio
7. Adding Video Transitions
Adjusting video transitions5m 27s
8. Correcting Color
9. Creating Effects
10. Adding Titles
11. Delivering the Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.