- Determining which lights you should have available
- Examining the value of a good grip
- Identifying what should be in your toolkit
- Lighting products on a budget
- Lighting dull and matte objects
- Lighting translucent or glass products
- Making your product shine with movement
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Light is foundation of everything we see, both in life as well as in video, especially when it comes to shooting products. There's an ever-growing use of video in marketing today. Light reveals everything it touches, and, if used well, it can have incredible effects. Hi, my name is Greg Pickard, and, in this course, I'm going to share one of my passions of filmmaking, lighting. My favorite lighting setups are usually when I'm doing tabletop or product shots.
I've had the chance to work with some amazing product photography experts, but this course is all about product video lighting. I'll take you behind the scenes to see some advanced lighting setups for both large and small products, as well as some budget-friendly options. Then, I'll show you how you can pull off the same effects you see at your own home or studio. I'll cover various lighting tools, modifiers, and those little extra touches that'll help make your product shine. Lighting is the very essence of video.
Without it, we'd be in the dark. So, let there be light.