Join James Ball for an in-depth discussion in this video Things to know prior to this course, part of LED & Compact Video Lighting.
- Whether you're just shopping around for your first light kit or you're thinking of upgrading from some older equipment, this course should help you make some informed decisions about what's out there and there's a lot out there. It would be helpful if you have some knowledge of video style lighting. You might want to check out some of the other courses in the library to get yourself familiar with this type of lighting. I'll go over some useful terminology that will give you a basic understanding of how LEDs work, how various brands compare to each other, how they compare to other types of lighting, and then describe some tried and true applications that will be useful no matter what kinds of lights you work with or may encounter in the future.
- Types of LEDs
- The cost of LED lighting
- Advantages and disadvantages of LEDs in video productions
- Bouncing and diffusing LEDs
- Mounting LED lights
- Controlling light temperature
- Transporting LED lights to a location shoot