Join Roger S.H. Schulman for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Storytelling for Business Video.
- If you're ready to take the storytelling approach…to creating your business video,…you can start by learning more about story structure.…Try the course Writing Fundamentals: The Craft of Story…with Lisa Cron.…You can find helpful articles on story structure…on a website for the popular screenplay processor…Final Draft.…Speaking of Final Draft, I've got a few tips on story…in my course Screenwriting with Final Draft,…where you can also learn everything you need to know…about using that software on your computer and your iPhone.…
To learn more about branding,…try the course Branding Fundamentals with Drew Boyd.…If you'd like to go high tech with your mind mapping,…there're dozens of mind mapping applications.…Just do a quick web search to find more…than you'll ever need at every price point,…from free to hundreds of dollars.…They're available for Windows, OS X, Chrome OS,…and even your smartphone.…Some of the more popular ones that I like…are MindManager, XMind, Coggle, Bubbl.us,…and a real back of the napkin app called Scapple.…
AuthorRoger S.H. Schulman
In Storytelling for Business Video, Roger S.H. Schulman shows the tools and techniques authors and screenwriters can use to make any business video clearer, more compelling, and more persuasive. These tips work equally well whether you're trying to sell a product or service or to simply establish brand awareness.
Roger examines the specific steps it takes to build an entertaining and memorable story, first looking at the various intersections between creative storytelling and marketing. Learn how to find the heroes (and maybe even the villains) of your story and use the three-act structure of Hollywood films to communicate the message of your business in a compelling way. Along the way, Roger builds a video script for a fictitious company step-by-step, and shows how storytelling techniques make the final script better in every way.
- Defining your story
- Finding your business story
- Understanding your audience
- Drawing the dramatic arc for your story
- Discovering the moral of your story
- Authoring the "hero" of your business story
- Finding conflict and resolution
- Outlining and drafting the script for your video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
1. What Is Story?
2. What's Your Story?
3. Out There in the Dark
4. Creating Your Hero
5. Building Your Story
6. Writing Your Story
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.