- Types of LEDs
- The cost of LED lighting
- Advantages and disadvantages of LEDs in video productions
- Bouncing and diffusing LEDs
- Mounting LED lights
- Controlling light temperature
- Transporting LED lights to a location shoot
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Jim Ball, a director of photography in the film and video industry, and today we're gonna learn about LED and compact lighting. This is some of the newer technology in the world of video production, and it's become very popular at all levels of the industry. LED lights have a lot going for them. They're lightweight, compact, really power efficient, and offer relatively high output for their size. They're an important part of my kit both at home and when I travel. LED units are very useful for fast-moving mobile productions, especially when there are limitations in time and resources.
But they are great at all levels of productions, whether you're on your own, with a small crew, or working on higher budget projects. So let's go take a look.