Wardrobe is a large part of any movie production, even smaller budget independent film productions. The wardrobe department on a film set is responsible for the apparel needs for the film production, including clothing design and accessories design. The wardrobe person will frequently rent clothing or accessories, and monitor them on set to ensure they fit properly.
- In this movie…we're going to look at our wardrobe situation.…If this interests you, I highly recommend…checking out our previous training series on pre-production,…where we looked more at the concepts…and design of the wardrobe of our characters in depth.…Our incredible wardrobe person was Bitsy Rini,…who is one of the most talented and versatile people…I've ever seen on a film set.…Because of the world that our film was set in,…we couldn't show any modern clothing.…So Bitsy made this huge wardrobe…with specialized, hand-made costumes for the main cast,…but she also made a wardrobe for all of…the extras that showed up or that might've showed up.…
She also made shoes and feet covers for the font row…of extras in case the camera could see their feet.…Now let's look at her dressing a few of the actors…and see what a difference that made…in creating these characters.…Let's start with William Bradt,…who played the warrior Gar'uun.…William shows up to set looking, you know,…just like a regular dude.…White t-shirt, jeans.…
Find the rest of the courses in the series—on everything from script writing to directing—on Chad's author page.
- Understanding the role of different crew members
- Sending out call sheets
- Using a slate
- Keeping continuity with a script supervisor and production photographer
- Keeping the crew fed, happy, and safe
- Rescheduling shoots
- Dealing with wardrobe for a large cast
- Using special effects makeup
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
"The Assurance"7m 43s
1. Common Crew Members
2. Film Production Basics
4. Keeping the Crew Happy
5. Our Big Resets
6. Working with Props
7. Preparing to Shoot
8. Special Effects Makeup
Final thoughts1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.