Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video The history of Apple's VPP, part 2, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] So, we've seen how Apple was making progress…towards better manageability of app purchases…and deployment to devices, but they hadn't quite achieved…an acceptable process for everyone.…Because redemption-code-based app distribution…was seen as a burden for businesses and education,…sometimes requiring huge budget increases…that would otherwise have been unnecessary.…The Volume Purchase Program store was upgraded to allow…for invitation-based app assignment, via an MDM.…
Invitation-based app assignment was Apple's first foray…into managed application distribution.…The process required that you use an MDM…or mobile device management solution.…But if you used one, you could assign an app to a user,…and revoke that app, returning its license…back to your MDM for future assignment somewhere else.…This was huge.…The invitation to use an app…meant that a mobile device management solution…could invite a user to accept an app with their Apple ID,…but because that app could later be revoked from that same…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.