Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video VMware AirWatch, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] Enterprise class, and just as comfortable…in enterprise deployments…as they are in large education deployments.…AirWatch comes with a teacher tool…to integrate some MDM features into the classroom.…VMWare AirWatch is another enterprise focused MDM…with tools designed for the education market.…But additionally, enterprise class business tools…as well as integration with APIs…and other tools we'll get into shortly.…It supports iOS, as you see here, Android, Blackberry.…It supports managing Chromebook, interestingly.…
It also support managing Mac OS and Windows.…AirWatch is the largest MDM company in the world…and currently sits at the top…of the Gartner Magic Quadrant above MaaS360.…They offer hosted and on premises options…running on a hardened version of Windows…and tout their focus on security and integration…with existing enterprise systems.…Being a part of VMWare,…there are also a few tie ins…with other VMWare products and support.…If you're happy using VMWare solutions already,…AirWatch is definitely worth a look.…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.