Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Teach with MDM-enabled apps, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] While MDM lays the foundation…for classroom level functionality…and focusing students attention…through the restriction of distracting features,…classroom management can be assisted…with a variety of a teacher centric apps.…Apple's Classroom app, Google's Classroom app…and the teacher apps from AirWatch and ZuluDesk…seek to extend minimal MDM functionality…and classroom management specific functions…to teachers in a user friendly way…that doesn't require them…to learn how to be MDM administrators.…
Nor do they require the IT department…to delegate IT level functions into the classroom.…Apple's classroom app was introduced in the summer of 2016…with a slew of features that educators had wished for,…including the ability to quickly open…an app, book or web link in unison…on a group of student iPads.…And the long sought ability…to see what students were working on…by observing their screens in near real time.…That real time screen observation, for example,…is made possible using screen captures…that are taken one per second…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.