Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Select an MDM solution, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] In researching and preparing…an MDM recommendation, there are several common tools…available to help you make an informed decision.…First and foremost is the free trial period…that is offered by some vendors,…which allows you to get hands-on experience…using the product and enroll some of your devices…to test real functionality.…Unfortunately, enrolling a limited number of devices…does not prove the capability of the product's scale,…or many of the other considerations…that we have to take into account…before making a significant commitment…to a particular solution.…
What trials do tell us is that if we find…the user interface intuitive, and we like it,…then we'll probably want to use it,…and whether the features that we're looking for…are really there and how those features are accessed.…Oftentimes, along with your free trial,…you can also get access to online…product documentation if it is not already…available in a public-facing way.…The next tool is a fairly obvious one,…which is to use your search engine…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.