Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video SSL certificate profile payloads, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] SSL protects data from prying eyes.…When implemented correctly, it does so very well.…The problems with SSL implementations are usually…not with the way SSL works,…but instead are with how SSL is sometimes…improperly implemented.…In my course, Understanding SSL,…I helped you to understand what SSL is and how it works;…and if you need a refresher,…I highly recommend watching it through in its entirety,…so you can get a complete exposure to that technology.…
Once you understand what SSL is,…we will discuss here how SSL certificates may be wrapped up…in a warm blanket and delivered safely into devices…using mobile device management.…You see, mobile device management is a fantastic way…to implement certain types of SSL-based infrastructure.…Public key infrastructure, PKI, is the collection…of standards, policies, and procedures used to create…digital identities or keys which are wrapped…in SSL certificates…and can be publicly verified to safely allow…for the secure transfer of electronic communication…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.