Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Restriction capability comparison, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] Most mobile devices…and desktops now share many similar features…such as cameras, security, and account settings.…But not all features on all platforms…can be managed through MDM.…Fortunately, there are efforts towards standardization…such as the AppConfig Community…and a recognition that organizations want…and need to manage all of their devices…so we see progress in the capabilities built in…by manufacturers and software developers.…Let's take a look at some of the options…and where they differ between platforms today…as they may help inform decisions about…what devices are suitable for your organization.…
iOS differs from Android and Windows Mobile,…in that both the hardware…and the software are controlled by Apple.…And the hardware is less flexible in some ways, for example,…there's no iOS device with an SD card slot.…Apple provides a set of restrictions…geared toward managing the behavior of iOS…and the native apps that are bundled with it.…As well as preventing data leakage…from managed apps into unmanaged destinations…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.