Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] William Butler Yeats once wrote…"Education is not the filling of a pail,…but the lighting of a fire."…Assuming that we've ignited a fire for you here,…you'll be looking for more information.…Perhaps more depth on each of the topics…covered in this introductory course.…We're going to provide a long list of links…to other websites that you can visit for further information…organized by platform and subject.…First here are the resources we think…will be most useful for you in researching…MDM related topics on Apple platforms.…
Pay special attention here to the education deployment guide…as it provides extensive guidance on performing a deployment…of Apple devices into education with great advice on MDMs.…Second, I'm providing links to resources that will help you…to understand SSL a little better.…Please be sure to watch my course…"Understanding Secure Sockets Layer" linked here.…Next we have references to Windows mobile app management.…And on this page I'd like you to pay special attention…to something extra that we didn't cover in this course,…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.