Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage device behaviors, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Narrator] Before Apple's device enrollment program…when we did not have the ability to restrict…our user's capability of erasing a device…in order to reset its management,…we had to employ social engineering…to try to keep our devices within a management system.…This was frequently referred to as the carrot…and stick method of compliance enforcement.…For example, your users cannot get onto your network…or cannot authenticate to a proxy…that allows them to access the resources they need…if they choose to reset and erase their device…because doing so removes that device…from the management system.…
As soon as the device is out of compliance or unmanaged,…the user will also lose access to the resources…they need to do the work for which the device is intended.…This carrot and stick concept…where your management system provides functionality…they need while also providing restrictions…they probably don't love has been around…for many, many years.…This management philosophy mostly impacts devices…that are, for whatever reason, not enrolled…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.