Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage application options on iOS, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Narrator] MAM, or mobile application management,…allows containment of sensitive assets…within whitelisted locations.…MAM is considered to be a core requirement of EMM…or enterprise mobile management systems…and can be a stand-alone product…which has traditionally been referred to as app wrapping…which is the process of adding code…on top of an app to modify the behavior of the app…without modifying any of its own code.…As software developers have started…directly including MAM functions…and operating system developers are doing so as well,…there is now a native toolkit from Apple…within iOS for mobile app management.…
Additionally, there is a group of MDM…and software developers called the AppConfig Community…developing standards which should expand…cross-platform compatibility and reduce the need…for app wrapping and other proprietary solutions.…Beginning in iOS 7, Apple introduced…managed app configuration…and a restriction called Managed Open In…where MDM could define whether a document in one app…could be opened in another app, quite simple.…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.