Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Lost or stolen devices, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- One of the most disturbing capabilities…of an MDM solution over the device it manages,…is the ability of the server to remotely instruct…the device to, essentially, self-destruct.…This immediate erasure of a device…is jarring to the individual holding the device…and working on it at the time…if they are unaware the erasure is about to happen.…When an administrator issues the command…through mobile device management…to remotely wipe the device,…if that device is connected to either…a cellular network or a Wi-Fi network with Internet access,…that device will immediately erase…the hardware encryption key on the device,…causing it to immediately…scramble the data and local storage…and reboot the system as if it were…fresh out of the box from the factory.…
This kind of heavy-handed approach, while possible,…should be used very carefully by administrators.…There are only a handful of instances…when a remote wipe command is justified.…This remote wipe capability should only be used…when it is absolutely necessary, justified,…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.