Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video IBM MaaS360, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] IBM MaaS360 MDM,…formerly Fiberlink MaaS360,…is a cloud-hosted, enterprise-class MDM…with a suite of tools including application,…content, and productivity management,…with a focus on international regulatory compliance…with data centers in the U.S., France, and India,…and eight additional locations slated for rollout…in the next few years.…MaaS360 MDM…supports iOS,…Apple TV,…Mac,…Windows and Windows Phone 8 or later,…and Android devices out of the box,…and can be extended to include support…for Blackberry and Symbian to a lesser degree.…
The first thing you see when logging into MaaS360…is a dashboard, where you get an overview…of recent activity and any warnings or alerts…that have been generated.…From there, you can delve into creating policies…for devices and compliance rules…that will affect devices in an if-then manner.…For example, if an iOS device is detected as jailbroken,…or is non-compliant in some other way you define,…such as leaving a geo-fenced location,…you could enforce a removal of all corporate resources…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.