Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video How trust enables management, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- [Narrator] Mobile Device Management requires…an enormous level of trust between a device…and the servers that manage it.…If you think about it from a device's perspective,…when Mobile Device Management is enabled on that device,…that device is saying, "Yeah, it's completely fine.…"I'm totally okay with this server having the ability…"to totally erase me at a moment's notice."…Just a few of the rather big deal things…that a device is allowing when opting into management…including tracking the location of the device…everywhere it goes as long as it's connected…to any network with Internet access.…
The server can also change the settings…including adding restrictions that keep the user…from changing specific settings on the device.…And the server can send those changes…without any additional approval…from the device or the user.…Accounts can be added such as email accounts,…calendar accounts and others that can be added…or removed without the user's interaction.…Apps can be added or removed and if the server…allows the user to install apps on the device,…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.