Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video How application distribution works, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] One of the great things about…mobile device management is the ability…to get applications to your users…without making them go hunt for those apps…or buy them for themselves.…With MDM, you can get apps to your users that…the organization has purchased for their use.…Handily, thanks to the evolution of this…application deployment process,…your MDM is now able to distribute those…applications directly to the intended device…without having to put the app into a…self-service area or application repository…of some kind that depends on the user…to choose among options.…
All of this is possible because of the…trust relationship we spoke of previously…that exists between your device and the MDM,…and because of course, the target device…is running a version of its operating system…that supports the managed distribution…of applications at a device level.…For example, on IOS, this device level…of application deployment became possible…in 2015 with IOS 9.…So how does that work?…App distribution to mobile devices has had…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.