Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video How DEP makes iOS the most secure platform, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] Apple's Device Enrollment Program,…or DEP, allows devices to be managed by MDM solutions…owned by organizations as soon as an iOS device…goes through the activation process…during the setup assistant…at the very first boot of a brand new device.…Of course, the device does not have to be brand new.…It could also be a device that is freshly erased.…The Device Enrollment Program was partially envisioned…to help with mobile device management enrollment,…but, also, this feature enabled…a certain amount of theft deterrence.…
If a device is enrolled in device management…and the Device Enrollment Program…or Apple School Manager is controlling that device,…then even if a thief steals it and erases it,…as soon as that device is rebooted…and brought back onto a network with Internet,…in the setup assistant,…that device will immediately be redirected…to the mobile device management solution,…which can then send commands that you intend,…like erase or locate or place into lost mode.…Thieves have a hard time selling…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.