Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
- [Sean] Mobile Device Management, also known as MDM, is more important than ever. If you think about the security implications alone, having devices under the control of the organizations that own them, is a modern day necessity that no leader can ignore. For many years my co-author, John Wells, and I have developed our own unique set of best practices with MDM solutions. In this course, you will learn what MDM is capable of doing to a managed device and how it all works at the high level. We present all of the information you need to know in easily absorbed language that is perfectly suited to beginners.
You will see how MDM can manage device behaviors, how it can install applications without a user's interaction and even how it can enable a VPN connection silently in the background to efficiently secure user data. Let's dive right in and start learning about Mobile Device Management.
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.