Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhance management with supervision, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] When deploying devices,…an administrator needs to have all of the tools…at his, or her disposal, to manage the devices…for which they're responsible.…Mobile device management enrollment helps with this,…by providing a rich tool set.…But, in some cases, users can remove…their devices from MDM, creating…management problems, for the administrator.…Additionally, there are entire sets of restrictions,…and features, available to administrators of devices…managed in one way, that are just not available,…if the devices are managed in another.…
The key to managing Apple devices fully,…is the concept of supervision.…Supervision, is a technical term,…that refers to a state, on iOS.…If you place a device, like an iPad,…into supervised mode, that supervision mode…allows the administrator much greater flexibility,…in which behaviors may be managed.…Some restrictions, for example,…are only available, on supervised devices.…Supervision is a relationship, between the iOS device,…and the management system, to which it's attached,…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.