Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Directory services integration, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- Active Directory, LDAP,…and Local User Accounts within MDM can enhance the security…of devices, allowing you to know…who has enrolled which device.…So what are directory services?…Well directory services allow IT administrators…to set accounts or directory objects…and manage access for users and often devices as well,…to corporate infrastructure such as mail, contacts,…calendars, file sharing, VPNs,…and other network services.…MDM administrators benefit greatly from integration…with existing directory services for several reasons.…
First, is the reduction of redundant effort,…recreating those users in groups.…But does MDM care?…Isn't it for devices?…Well it is,…but it is very helpful when configuring devices…to know who is in possession of the device.…If you know who is using it,…you can more accurately or more appropriately…configure the settings on the device.…Even if you have settings that are generic to a type of user…that are best placed at a user group level,…if your user signs in with their directory credentials,…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.