Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Differences in vendor approaches, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Despite a base set of functions…that can be managed for any given device,…each vendor does management differently,…and my goodness, are there are a lot of vendors.…The number of EMM MDM solutions…in the market still seems to be growing,…even though the number of potential customers…for mobile device management cannot…possibly support every company that already exists.…As such, each vendor tries to distinguish itself…by its features.…
The most obvious feature, which will determine…if an MDM or EMM solution is suitable for you…is whether it supports the devices…you need to manage in your environment.…Second up of course would be whether…the product complies with any regulations…on data privacy and security that you may need to follow.…This is especially important if you are in…an industry that requires compliance certifications.…Aside from simply supporting a device platform,…some vendors are able to quickly adapt…to new operating system updates,…and will highlight their speed of readiness,…or even day one compatibility with new features,…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.