Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Device control and unlocking, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] It isn't enough to know that you…can manage your devices.…If you work in an IT department managing devices…for an organization, you have responsibilities.…Your responsibilities extend to its users,…its shareholders, and perhaps to the public.…If you manage a school or a district,…you have responsibilities to children.…If you manage a medical facility,…you have them to administrators,…insurance companies, patients, and doctors.…In all cases, you may have a legal responsibility…to manage the devices that come into contact with…and operate upon the systems you employ.…
One need only look at the news for examples…of how important it is for an organization…to be able to unlock a digital device…for which that organization is responsible…when law enforcement requires the use…of the data on that device to investigate crimes…or prevent terrorist activities.…But not every situation is that dramatic.…Sometimes it's barely necessary…to be certain that user data is never out of your control,…but if you work with schools, hospitals,…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.