Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Deployment to Google platforms, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Man] Organizations using Android phones or tablets,…as well those deploying Chromebooks,…or those which allow BYOD,…where you really don't know what's coming at you,…will naturally want to manage the apps…that are installed on those devices,…and often wish to purchase apps for their users in bulk.…Well, Google Play for work is an extension…of Google's online app store, the Play Store,…which is a free service available to businesses for use.…Google Play for Work is an app catalog,…that is managed by your organization,…so that only the public and private in-house apps…you need are presented to your users.…
By using Google Play for Work,…in conjunction with their enterprised based…mobile device management solution,…IT admins can define what apps are…available on Android for work devices,…as well as when and how they will be installed, or removed.…They can even define whether the user…must authenticate to use the app.…App options such as server, and other default configurations…can be preset and managed through the MDM.…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.