Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloud vs. on premises, part of Learning Mobile Device Management.
- [Narrator] Mobile device management can be accomplished…by systems that are either installed on servers…kept on location at your company or school's premises,…these are known as on-premises, or on-prem, MDM solutions,…or via cloud-based MDM solutions that are located…at the vendor's data center and which scale is needed…without your involvement.…So, what are the differences and why would you want to…use one over the other.…Let's start by exploring what you would get with…an on-premises mobile device management solution.…By placing a server in your server room on your premises,…you improve the performance characteristics…of your device management solution because the server…is on the same network as all the devices…that the server manages and network bottlenecks…that would potentially happen at the WAN connection…will be alleviated.…
The server will still be able to do things like assign apps…to devices and, depending on the features of the mobile…device management solution and the platform you are…managing, you will have access to the same features…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.