Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Chromebook management, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- View Offline
- Chromebooks, the inexpensive laptop devices…that run Google Chrome OS,…can be managed through Google Admin Console…for an annual fee of $30 per device…in much the same way that iOS and Android…can be managed through MDM.…Some MDM vendors have created links…between MDM and Google Admin Console…to bring some of the features under one roof…within their MDM offering.…Chromebooks store all user data in Google Drive,…and most apps must be online to function properly.…
Since the devices are generally online at all times,…they should usually be reachable and manageable…through the admin console or your MDM if it supports it.…Unlike Apple, Google allows third party vendors…such as Samsung and Dell to make Chromebooks,…and there are a wide variety of them…at various price points.…Chrome OS was originally developed…as a lightweight, portable operating system…for developers who wanted a minimal operating system.…As such, it can run on limited hardware specifications,…which keeps the minimum cost of hardware very low.…
This makes it an attractive option…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.