Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Best practice restrictions for education, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] When deploying devices for education,…administrators are always looking for ways…to keep students out of trouble…while focusing them on the tasks of practicing learning,…focused exploration, creativity,…and collaboration with teachers and other students.…MDM restrictions can help immensely,…but can sometimes be counter-productive as well.…Taking away a distracting feature…can help keep kids focused,…but if that feature is useful in other ways,…there will naturally be a trade-off.…Many tools that are used for collaboration…are also a great way to pass notes, make jokes,…or send harassing comments,…so you have to be careful.…
The camera can also be very distracting.…What child doesn't like to take selfies?…But that same camera can be used for making video content,…art projects, or recording presentations.…In fact, in sports it can even be used…to review a student athlete's performance,…which is obviously beneficial…when done under the direction of an instructor.…The key to managing IOS in the classroom of course…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.