Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Apps on Windows mobile, part of Foundations of Mobile Device Management.
- [Instructor] For Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile,…Microsoft has recently introduced…the Windows Store for Business.…Which allows administrators to purchase app licenses in bulk…and assign them through MDM.…Not every MDM is compatible with the store yet, however,…many have already been supporting Windows phone apps…for some time, so look for that compatibility…to increase quickly.…Let's look at what's new with the Windows Store for Business…Administrators can set up an account…using their Azure Active Directory or Office 365 credentials…and delegate access to purchasers.…
A credit card is currently the only accepted payment type.…You can also upload in-house developed apps to the store,…where they will be code-side and distributable…like any other app.…But, they will optionally be visible…only within your organization or, if you so choose,…could also be made available outside…of your organization for public sale.…Once purchased, whatever apps you do choose to install…can be assigned to devices or made available…
Dig into how MDM works on company-owned devices and in one-to-one, BYOD, and shared models. Learn how to enroll devices and manage profiles, and deploy applications to Apple, Android, and Windows devices without user involvement. Explore "over the air" management, security and control best practices, and storage planning. Sean also describes how to remotely wipe and unlock mobile devices, and set important restrictions. Finally, Sean will preview a number of the MDM vendors, including ZuluDesk and AirWatch, so you can choose the right solution for your organization.
- Introducing MDM principles
- Device storage needs
- Device control and unlocking
- Device supervision
- Using MDM to enhance security
- Working with the Apple Volume Purchase Program
- Using apps on Windows devices
- Deploying MDM on Google platforms
- Shopping for an MDM vendor
Skill Level Beginner
1. MDM Principles
2. Device Management Capabilities
3. Use MDM to Enhance Security
4. Application Purchase and Deployment
Apps on Windows mobile1m 43s
5. Shop for an MDM Vendor
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.