Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Compatible operating systems, part of FileMaker 15 Platform New Features.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] With the introduction of the new version of the file maker platform comes new operating system requirements. Each product in the platform has its own requirements, starting with FileMaker Pro, and FileMaker Pro Advanced. Both Pro and Pro Advanced run on later versions of OS X, and also are Windows 10 compatible, and still run on Windows 8 and Windows 7. FileMaker Go, for the 15 platform, runs on devices that are running iOS 9, including iPad, iPad mini, iPad Pro, and the iPhone, and FileMaker Server 15 runs on later versions of OS X, also Windows Server 2012 compatible, notice the R2 also still runs Windows Sever 2008, with specific service pack and standard edition enterprise versions.
And finally, although FileMaker WebDirect is not actually a product, it's a technology, it does have some requirements of its own. It will require later versions of Safari 9 and higher, also IE 11 and higher, or either Edge, Chrome 38 or later, and on iOS devices, you'll need the mobile version of Safari, and on non-iOS devices, like Android for example, you can use the latest version of Chrome, that runs on either your tablet or Android-based phone.
- Basic Starter Solutions
- Proactive security warnings for FileMaker Pro databases
- Script Workspace improvements
- Diagnosing performance problems
- Integrating with other databases using the ESS adapter
- App extensions
- iBeacon support
- Touch ID support