FileMaker Pro 11 Essential Training
In FileMaker Pro 11 Essential Training, Cris Ippolite demonstrates the principal features and functions of this popular database software, including creating tables and relationships, managing fields and records, and working with layouts. The course shows FileMaker developers how to find, sort, and share data as well as how to create reports, calculations, and scripts. It also covers brand new features in FileMaker Pro 11 such as the Inspector tool, charting, and portal filtering. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Creating databases from templates
- Creating fields in spreadsheet format
- Creating tables and relationships
- Defining key fields
- Adding validation and auto-enter values to fields
- Managing records, including duplicating, locking, and deleting records
- Creating and managing layouts
- Formatting layout objects
- Finding and sorting data
- Creating calculation fields
- Building reports
- Printing and saving as PDF or Excel
- Writing and triggering scripts
- Using relationships throughout a database
Hi, I'm Cris Ippolite, and welcome to FileMaker Pro 11 Essential Training. FileMaker Pro is a leading desktop database software, popular for its ease of use, that's used by everyone from Fortune 500 companies to individuals who just want to get a little bit more organized. I'll guide you through building a database the right way with FileMaker Pro 11. I'll teach you the basics behind how a database works, and we'll take you step by step through the true essential elements of creating a database from scratch, beginning with creating tables and relationships, how to manage the various types of fields, how to work with layouts to display data, and as well as how to format your layouts in a number of different ways.
I'll show you how to build interesting and attractive reports, including subsummary reports, to help you share your data with impact. Most importantly, we will create a FileMaker database together from scratch, taking care to study each step in the order that you would do so in a real project. I'll be providing guidance and examples based on 18 years of FileMaker experience. And now, without further delay, it's time for us to dive into FileMaker Pro 11 Essential Training.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about FileMaker Pro 11 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: In the Chapter 16 tutorial, “Using Text Functions,” the instructor discusses how to calculate the First Name and Last Name from the Full Name. However, the method does not account for names ending with “Jr.” or “Sr.” or “III,” etc. How can I account for added suffixes in names?
- A: For cases like this, you can create a third "Suffix" field. Then change the FullName calculation to:
NameFirst&" "&NameLast&" "&Suffix
This way, nothing will appear if the Suffix has no value, but if it does have a value the suffix will appear.
- Q: What information is actually on the “Invoice Line Item” table in the examples, and how does it actually connect to the tables that it comes from?
- A: The information in each line item is native to the "Invoice Line Item" table. The fields are defined in that table and each record represents "A Product appearing on an Invoice."
Each time a product is used on an invoice, a record in the line item table is created. Many of the fields, for example "Quantity," are native to that table because those values only exists when a Product is used in an Invoice, and not as attributes of a Product itself.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Pages 5 Essential Training158,731 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
Numbers 3 Essential Training137,387 Views
FileMaker Pro 13 Essential Training481,168 Views
FileMaker Pro 14 Essential Training334,339 Views