- View Offline
The course applies to versions of FileMaker Pro from 7 through the most current version.
- Reviewing relationships types
- Diagramming relationships
- Resolving many-to-many relationships
- Determining which tables need key fields
- Defining tables in FileMaker Pro
- Using the Relationship Graph
- Using multiple match fields in one relationship
- Using global fields to filter portals
- Creating self relationships
- Creating aggregate functions using relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi I'm Cris Ippolite and this is Relational Database Design for FileMaker Pro. In this course I'll discuss the concepts and techniques you can use to design a relational database in FileMaker. Using real world examples, I'll show you how to determine which tables you need to define in your relationship graph. As well as how and why to resolve those pesky many to many relationships. I'll explain how to use relationships in your scripts and calculations. And I'll also show you how to use portals, filtered portals, and related fields in your layouts.
And now it's time for us to dive into Relational Database Design with FileMaker Pro.