Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video What is iBeacon?, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] Introduce in iOS seven,…iBeacon is an exciting technology that enables…location awareness for enabled devices.…Leveraging Bluetooth Low Energy,…a device with iBeacon technology can be…used to establish a region around an object.…Other companies including Google and Paypal…have indicated they will have their own…beacon technologies coming to market, but…these technologies are separate from iBeacon.…Which is an Apple technology and FileMaker Go…currently works with only iBeacons.…iBeacons allow an iOS device to determine when…it has entered or left a region supported…by an object along with the estimation of…proximity to an iBeacon.…
For FileMaker developers, you'll need to understand…that your custom apps will have to be aware…of the iBeacons that you want to detect.…You'll also need to understand that you'll…need to purchase your own iBeacons in order to…integrate them with your custom app.…Now currently there are no functions that will…generically search for iBeacons around me, for example.…Instead, you'll configure your iBeacon supported beacons…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.