Discover how to make your FileMaker Pro databases compatible with iPhones and iPads. Learn how to deploy custom apps for iOS with FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Cris Ippolite. FileMaker Go is a free app that's available on the app store, and it runs your FileMaker custom apps on iPad, and iPhone. In this course, you'll learn how to access FileMaker custom apps on your device. We'll tour the interface of the latest version of FileMaker Go 15. I'll show you how you can use container fields, to play movies,scan barcodes, or even capture signatures. We'll take a look at how you can design your custom apps specifically for being deployed on iOS devices. And I'm also really excited to show you ways that you can get your FileMaker Go custom app, to talk to other iOS apps on your device.
We'll be working with a modified starter solution, that will act as an example for all our needs throughout the course. And now, without further delay, it's time for us to dive into this course.
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon