Find out about all the new and enhanced features in FileMaker Pro, Server, and Go 14, including the new Launch Center and Script workspace and new layout and design tools.
- Hi, I'm Cris Ippolite, and welcome to FileMaker 14 Platform New Features. The new FileMaker 14 platform provides the most complete and flexible experience across iPad, iPhone, Mac or Windows desktops, and even in the Web. In this release, you'll get new features that increase speed, design, and development time, provide more control over iPad and iPhone solutions, and give you access to your data in a mobile browser. In FileMaker 14 Platform New Features, you'll learn how to use the new Launch Center to access your files, and will explore the new layout design tools and controls.
I'll introduce you to the new Script Workspace interface, and we will take a closer look at the calculation dialogue enhancements. I'm also excited to introduce some updates to FileMaker Web Direct using FileMaker Server 14, and even an improved FileMaker Go for 14. Throughout the course, I'll be providing guidance and examples based on my experiences with my clients. We'll be working with modified versions of two of the newly designed starter solutions. Those files will act as an example for all of our needs throughout the entire title.
And now, without further delay, it's time for us to dive into FileMaker 14 Platform New Features.
- Touring the new Launch Center
- Adding top and bottom navigation parts to layouts
- Working with buttons bars, labels, and icons
- Introducing the Script workspace
- Touring the new FileMaker WebDirect interface
- Understanding new Server features
- Scripting audio and video playback in container fields in FileMaker Go
- Touring the new FileMaker Go interface