Join Cris Ippolite for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the window picker, part of Learning FileMaker Go 15.
- [Voiceover] Once you've transferred your FileMaker…custom apps to the device…or you've hosted them so they could be accessed…by the device,…you can do virtually everything that you can do…in FileMaker Pro on the desktop.…But first you're going to need to get familiar…with some of the slight nuances and differences…between the FileMaker Go experience for user…and the FileMaker Pro experience.…The first one I'd like to look at here…is what's called the Window Picker.…So if you have multiple files open…or even multiple windows in the same file…you're going to have to become familiar…with how to toggle between them.…Now first of all in some of the starter solutions…like the one that I'm showing here on screen…you may not even see the Window Picker navigation,…so I wanted to instruct you on how that works.…
So if you look on the top of your screen…and all you see is the time, which is your tool bar…that you have on the top there,…and you don't see the name of the file…that means that the developer has built into the solution…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Appropriate for all
FileMaker Pro: Relational Database Designwith Cris Ippolite2h 40m Intermediate
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.